|Hair color||Dark gray|
|Friends||Yamaguchi, E, Raku, Tsuji, Azuma|
|“||Raising a flower that will surely hurt someone...||”|
Tanaka & Yamaguchi
He wears a gray gakuran with yellow jersey pants. He has what seems to be a jacket tied around his waist backwards. His eyes are black and his hair is dark gray and cut straight. He wears white school slippers with his name written on them.
His skin from the neck down seems to be all black. He has wolf-like ears that seem to be pointed downward when compared to Yamaguchi's.
He may have fought in a war, as seen in the chorus of the song, where he and Yamaguchi threaten/kill dreams with a "selfish knife" and "sophistic justice". The lyrics state that their loneliness won't heal, and that they are unable to understand true happiness, as well as being unable to see a better future for themselves.
Sidu characterizes him as calm and quiet, however, he actually hides a dirty mouth. He has had interactions with E, Raku, and Yamaguchi. E looks at him with displeasure, as does Yamaguchi, although it seems she has a crush on him. He wields a knife as his weapon. He likes potato chips, similarly to Yamaguchi.
- His race is not confirmed yet.
- There's a lot of speculation that Tanaka and Yamaguchi are half-youkai (半妖) due to their dog/wolf ears and skin color.
- Another theory is that they were originally human, but experimented on to give them wolf-like features. This theory has support, as (assuming that the Neru songs all took place in one universe) E may have been a fellow experiment (although given robot parts instead of animal parts).
- He is Neru's favorite male character.
- Likes to tease E about his height.
- He also seems to know Tsuji, as they went to the beach together. We can also assume he knows Azuma.
- On 10th August 2013, Neru asked for pictures of Tanaka in a sailor seifuku uniform as his birthday present.
- He is left handed.